Thanks to Anna who has shared her Warrior journey with us. Anna has achieved so many great things since joining Training for Warriors Thornhill. Anna has pushed her training forward and has managed to surpass all of her previous goals.
What were some of your struggles with exercise before you came to TFW Thornhill?
I got to a point with my fitness (running, climbing, hill walking, swimming) where I wouldn’t push further anymore, I would just give up and be comfortable with my ability at that point when really I wanted to be able to become stronger and be able to run further.
Motivation – especially in the winter months when I just wanted to hunker down of an evening.
What made you bite the bullet and start coming to TFW Thornhill?
After moving to the area I longed to meet more people.
I knew TFW was on my doorstep it was just about stepping my foot through the door, to begin with.
What are some of the significant results you’ve gotten since training at TFW Thornhill?
- I can deadlift (90kg) more than my own body weight
- After running for 10 years I am able to run further for longer.
- Taken part in races for the enjoyment of running.
- Met people in the community – feel part of a community.
- Able to keep my focus throughout the day and have more energy throughout the day.
What are the top 3 tips that helped you transform?
- Never give up, have the determination to keep going, there might be good days and bad days but every day is a new day.
- Consistency is key, having a routine that I stick to. Be that taking gym clothes with me to meal prep and having snacks available.
- This is tough but you are tougher!
Support and encouragement come from those around you.
You are not alone.