It’s been a long 6 months but we are finally able to reopen the Dojo from the start of September! Our online sessions have been a great success and these will continue to run as a pre-recorded programme that you can do from home in your own time. The Dojo will now open on Monday / Wednesday / Friday for strength sessions and Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday will be held outside in the Thornhill school playing fields.
In order to reopen, we have had to run a full risk assessment of the Dojo and we have put the following rules in place to keep our coaches and our warriors safe!
- Anyone attending a session must pre-book using Zen Planner. Please ensure your details and your emergency contact details are up to date in Zen Planner so we can effectively operate track and trace.
- Everyone must wear a face covering while training. We will provide face masks for all warriors.
- You must be in your training gear before you arrive. Please bring indoor shoes to change into.
- There will be a one-way system in place. Please enter through the side door and leave through the garage door.
- Please turn up no more than 5 minutes early. You will not be able to enter the Dojo until the previous practice has finished and everyone has left the Dojo.
- Changing in the bathroom is prohibited and the use of the toilet should be avoided where possible.
- We have added extra hand sanitising stations to the Dojo. Please use these before and after each practice and as much as you feel necessary throughout the practice too.
- Wipe down all of the equipment before and after use. We will provide disinfectant for this.
- Please maintain social distancing (2m) for other Dojo users.
Warriors must NOT attend class if any of the following apply:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (high temperature continuous cough, loss of taste or smell)
- You have had a COVID-19 test and you have not yet received your results
- You have come into contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have been instructed to self isolate by the Scottish Government
- You have been instructed to quarantine by the Scottish Government